Saturday 15 December 2007

ihtreaders@gmail.com and the International Herald Tribune

It took a while longer than I had planned, but there is now an email address where you can contact www.ihtreaders.blogspot.com , the blog about all matters concerning the International Herald Tribune.

ihtreaders@gmail.com

Please make clear in your email if your comments are for publication or not, and if so whether I can quote your full name and position, or whether you would prefer to remain anonymous. I do fully understand the journalistic principal of speaking 'off the record' and I can't wait to use that great NYT line, "according to a highly placed IHT employee, who cannot be named because he is not authorised to speak on the company's behalf' (or words to that effect).

If you are just a reader and have no fear of being fired for emailing remarks or comments to this blog (and there is no reason why any IHT employee should be fired for having dealings with or just reading this blog - at least that I am aware of) but you would still like to remain anonymous, I would love to know at least your age, occupation (title), business sector, nationality and country of location.
ihtreaders@gmail.com

If you work for the IHT and have something you would like to share with me, please do so, provided it is accurate. Major story; of small consequence but interesting; business or editorial; inside scoop, funny anecdote, company gossip, I'm not fussy.
ihtreaders@gmail.com

What I can guarantee you is your complete anonymity, once I have established who you are. My rules on the protection of sources, and making sure you can't be identified, will be as robust as those of the NYT.

I know Judith Millar 'got permission' to dob in her source after how ever many days it was she spent in jail salvaging her reputation - having misreported the biggest story of perhaps America's entire history - but I hope to do even better than her on source confidentiality.

I'm thin skinned so if a lot of your emails are rude and critical about my blog, I may well stop.

So email me away if that's what you would like to achieve.

ihtreaders@gmail.com

No comments: